Definition of illegal substance
Illegal substances indicate psychoactive substance that influences the mind by taking for the purpose of wanting to change feeling, thought, or behavior in general. For consultation, it signifies illicit drugs that are banned from production, sales, and use. Legally, it designates drugs, psychotropic drugs, and marihuana in general, defined by 'Law of the Management of Illegal Substance.'
The characteristics of the kinds of drug (Definition by WHO, World Health Organization)
- The desire for use of the drug is forcibly strong (dependency)
- When stopped, there are physical pain and side-effect (withdrawal symptoms)
- The amount of the used drug tends to increase (tolerance)
- It does not limit to an individual, but also harms society (harm)
Investigation on drug crimes of Korea Customs Service
For the Korean legislations that regulates the presently investigated drugs regarding crimes of drugs, psychotropic drugs, and marihuana that happen within airports, ports, and the bonded areas, where airplanes or ships that come and go between Korea and the overseas enter and leave, among the districts under Customs' jurisdiction, are Law of the Management of Illegal Substance, Exemption Law for prevention of illegal trade of illegal substance, Law about additional punishment for specific crimes, the criminal law.
The statistics for the crackdowns of drugs (Recent 5 years)
|Number of cases||Weight||The amount||Number of cases||Weight||The amount||Number of cases||Weight||The amount||Number of cases||Weight||The amount||Number of cases||Weight||The amount|
The main examples for the crackdowns
In March, 2011, Customs designated a Rumanian, who was selected through the Customs' own data analysis, as the target for search, and in the process of the thorough search, the illegal substance that was concealed at the bottom of the luggage that he carried was uncovered
- He put 1,079g of meth in a transparent vinyl bag of a briefcase, making it thin and flat, wrapped it with white paper tape firmly, hid it skillfully at the bottom of the luggage as if it was the body of the briefcase, and sewed it. The statistics for the crackdowns of drugs (Recent 5 years) (Unit: g, 1,000,000 Won)
In June, 2011, she arrived at the Incheon Airport, departing from South Africa through Hong Kong. In the process of X-ray search for CX-410, strange shades were found at both sides of the luggage, and she was designated as the target for search. Through the thorough search for the belongings, the concealed illegal substance was uncovered.
- ,603g of meth was divided into four, they were wrapped in transparent vinyl, and they got wrapped in thick paper in two's and covered in polyethylene wrapper again. Then they were sealed and sewed to look like a part of the luggage's body.